A Life's Pursuit: Dream a Little Dream of Me!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Dream a Little Dream of Me!

I had a dream for the last couple of nights but I havent been able to remember them. Occassionally throughout the day, some little thing happens and sparks a memory of just a flash from the dream. As you may know, I am always fascinated by the mind's abilities, tapped and untapped. Speaking of dream; they can provide answers and glimpses of the yet-to-comes. Madame C.J. Walker - From Dream to Millionaire


C.J.Walker

Madame C.J. Walker (1867-1919) is cited by the Guinness Book of Records as the first female American self-made millionaire. She was also the first member of her family born free.

Madame Walker founded and built a highly successful African-American cosmetic company that made her a millionaire many times over. Walker was suffering from a scalp infection that caused her to loose most of her hair in the 1890's. She began experimenting with patented medicines and hair-care products.

Then, she had a dream that solved her problems:

Walker Book"He answered my prayer, for one night I had a dream, and in that dream a big, black man appeared to me and told me what to mix up in my hair. Some of the remedy was grown in Africa, but I sent for it, mixed it, put it on my scalp, and in a few weeks my hair was coming in faster than it had ever fallen out. I tried it on my friends; it helped them. I made up my mind to begin to sell it."

Walker was an entrepreneur, philanthropist and social activist. She best sums up her rise from a childhood in the poor south to being the head of an international, multi-million dollar corporation in the following quote:

"I am a woman who came from the cotton fields of the South. From there I was promoted to the washtub. From there I was promoted to the cook kitchen. And from there I promoted myself into the business of manufacturing hair goods and preparations....I have built my own factory on my own ground."



Interesting, isnt it? Well I have yet to be able to completely control or even instigate a dream; but I am working on it. My pastor always said, "you dont have a money problem; you have an idea problem..." Hmmm....I got no shortage of ideas; maybe they are just not good ones...but all in due time. 2008 still looms before us like a juggernaut refusing to be changed. Juggernauts fall harder than big men knocked out. So let it be done. May the shockwave from the fall usher in an age of unyielding prosperity in all areas.
the Unstoppable Juggernaut

....just for those who know...





No comments: