A Life's Pursuit: Little Missed Moments

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Little Missed Moments




Why Didnt I Stop



It was a gorgeous sunrise this morning. It was more than tempting to pull over and snap a picture; but I didnt. WHY??? Wasnt it worth the effort to create or the humility to admire? Wasnt it unique or special enough to deserve a few extra moments? Absolutely! But we are consumed with time and obeying its web. We are consumed with convenience and luxury. I was already warm and comfortable in my speeding vehicle debating with myself if I turn this curve and its a better view, I should stop and take a picture. Well they were all better views but I kept driving, staring into the rearview to admire what I would be forced to only remember.


Life is full of little moments that we should stop and enjoy; we should take notice of; we should not only appreciate but celebrate! Alas, often we are only to preoccupied with the great american way to give a hoot or interrupt our schedule. I wish I had stopped; then you would be enjoying a fantastic image of a truely glorious sunrise.




Tom and Cass at Las Palmas celebrating turning 40! Tom also loves Star Wars, as does the Pensive.



I called my friend Tom at least to make him aware of what he might miss. He understood exactly what made the sunrise so spectacular. Sometimes sharing is our only evidence of what we have experienced. In the end we all disappear and our tracks tend to get erased by time and progress. We can only hope the same cannot be said for our beautiful earth in spite of knowing that our fossil fuels and the convenience they bring are apparently far more important than the plight of future generations without air and water.

1 comment:

Andrew Stanfield said...

Ah, the remote control R2D2 bot. What a wonder!