A Life's Pursuit: Delicious Friday Fixins'

Friday, November 23, 2007

Delicious Friday Fixins'

I had a great holiday/Thanksgiving with wifey, family, friends and food. Sure, a day of relaxation is very nice; but there was none of that. From fists of fury during Wii games to fists of speed at the dinner table; a good time was had by all. The food was incredible....there were no leftovers!!!! Can you believe that. By the end, my kitchen and refridgerator was as clean as they started. Ahhhh...paradise! I sincerely hope you had a great time as well. I am returning from the gym as I sit and scribe these brief thoughts to you and myself.

I will end this week with my favorite and easiest recipe that my baby sister Shayla loves and requests the most.




cream cheese danish



Delicious Simple Cream Cheese Danish

Ingredients

Amount Ingredient Preparation
2 pkgs crescent rolls
16 ounces cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 each egg yolk save white, or chocolate glaze, or fruit and whipped cream.

Directions

Line bottom of 9 x 13 inch pan by pressing together one package of crescent rolls.
Mix together, cream cheese, sugar, yolks, and vanilla.
Spread over dough.

Top with remaining package of crescent rolls.
Whisk egg whites and brush over the tops.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.



Optional: when cool, top with sifted powdered sugar, powdered
sugar glaze, or chocolate glaze, or fruit and whipped cream.

Well thats all for now. Be thankful every day for not only what you do see; but what you cant, at least not yet.



No comments: