A Life's Pursuit: ReTRACing My Night

Thursday, October 11, 2007

ReTRACing My Night









Well its been another great adventure! I rolled to a GAC Trace Adkins video concert shoot last night in Lebanon, TN. Of course, I always anticipate a fun time and this one was no different. I picked my woman up at her office and we headed into the fray. Standing in line it was apparent there might not be anyone in my suntan caliber...but thats never stopped me before. This was obviously a big time shoot--by the Moore Casting crew. I must say, they were very professional and proficient with an exquisite eye for detail. There were enough cameras to catch every angle — I am certain the edit company will have no trouble with enough material to cut it all together. I went to a George Strait video which was nice; but not nearly the extreme perfection of the Moore Casting Company. I cant wait to see how it all turns out.

Anyway, to Trace Adkins! Well...hmmm...where to start. Let's start with appearances. The man is in good shape. I don't know his age; but I would guess around upper 40s or early 50s...he sported his country guns and I dare say his legs etc were probably in better shape than the upper. Country boys do some real work. I dont know if he ever hauled hay; but I suspect he could hold his own. Video work is hard work too. Trace has that down home smooth sly grin that attempts to fool you into thinking humble and down to earth simple; but Trace is pretty complicated. He wears his ponytail well even with a big black hat. It was clear to me surrounded by women that they dug his "soul boy" rock moves too. So I have to give it up too...he's smooooth! If his clear bedroom voice doesnt get you, the penetrating eyes might. Now, I would only say such things because I am quite secure in my own.


Now on to the performance! Well, it started off like a rocket and ended like a goodnight lullaby. From "One Hot Momma" to "I Keep On Trying," Trace delivered. He did his fast songs first and the last 3 were nice smooth and slow. I dug it all. I was astounded at how good he was in person vs the CD. I have seen him on GAC and I had wondered how much was made up and what was actual. Well....its actual. Yeah, he's a big bad country boy who seems to care for his life and children. I am sure he will only get better at what he's not good at. The slower songs, "I Keep on Trying," "I Want to Feel Something" and "I Came Here To Live" were magnificiently executed....even acapella. Way to go Trace....just watch your Ps and Qs in Lebanon.



And finally, just my observations.... There was no shortage of folks who had driven a long way. I stood among those who had driven from West Virgina, California and North Carolina. I dont know that I have been that in need to be close to fame. There were definitely some good ole country girls there and very few video vamps which was alright by me. In retrospect, I would have gladly paid for the concert so graciously given free to create a show taping. During the concert, I notice that "we three black people there" gave the silent nod, "hey, glad you're here," as the crowd swayed. It was kind of funny. I also couldnt help but wonder if Trace was thinking the same thing or WTF....that made it even funnier...but a good time was had by all. I remember Trace from "Every Light in the House Is On"...but he's come a long way since then and I am sure he can afford the light bill. The most important part... wifey had a good time.






2 comments:

Linda Russell said...

No Doubt, you were still the best looking man there.

LUL

Bendy said...

Honey, when that Eagleville resident moves his hips Bendy loses her mind ;)