A Life's Pursuit: Thursday...and Counting...

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thursday...and Counting...



remote control plane


This weekend I get to spend some time with one of my little nephews, Christopher. We always have a good time. His favorite games are ATV and Police Chase on PS2. He can actually drive pretty well with his hand eye coordination. A few weeks ago when I was visiting, I broke his remote control plane that wasnt flying well. I assumed part of the reason was that it just needed a harder throw....I was wrong; it certainly didnt need that. Luckily I replaced it with a plane that I anticipate will make him very happy.... Isn't it people who give the gifts they wanted the best gifters.

When I was a kid, we didnt have much. There were some things I always liked and always wanted. Remote control was always at the top of the list. I once thought I would go into that field. Anything that flew was another definite win. I once thought about being an Air Force pilot or astronaut. By all means, fast things rocked. Race car drivers all begin with Hot Wheel car sets. One of my favorites was a wind up Evil Knievel toy I had growing up. Growing up nerd, I learned all my trees, insects, constellations and such. Most of these things still fascinate me. I hope I never grow tired of exploration and learning new things.

Its Thursday and Friday is just around the corner. It will be time to cut the grass at last. It's the first time its been green in some time. I am not sure I should cut it....but the neighbors have; so I must. Today, I will probably do some things for my wife, workout, eat, relax, graphic design and fall comfortably asleep.



Vegas Lizard

No comments: