A Life's Pursuit: Unbelieveably Immeasurable!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Unbelieveably Immeasurable!

spiderman 3




It is a beautiful day in Nashville, TN. The trees stand tall as they sway to the music of a gentle spring breeze. The sunrise was absolutely stunning; pouring into a jetblue sky littered with bleached clouds. It's just great to appreciate. My sweetie left town today. It seems we have always been together or always doing things together; so I notice when she's not around. I had a really big grin on the way to work. As I dodged vehicles and finished a conversation with one of my oldest friends, Tom who happened to be on the same road at the same time, something caught my eye as I hung up. At further glance, I notice she had left me a little note along with gummy bears (my ultimate pleasure snack), a Spiderman III coloring book, a Spiderman puzzle and word games, a four pack of Sobe No Fear Energy drinks and a Josh Turner CD! Man! What did I ever do to deserve such a good sweetie. Well, I popped in the CD, ripped open the gummies and proceeded to smile to the office. How nice it is to be loved by you!


Love is a funny thing...it's kinda like God, church and scripture; I could tell you all day long; but showing you only takes a minute. I always prefer the picture to the thousand words....far less headaches. The Prince of Pensive had a great blog yesterday. He hoped I wasnt offended. I was certainly not; too long people have sold a bill of goods about God and Christianity that have choked the truth and power from the realities of life. Everybody's got some questions! You were created with a powerful mind with just enough instructions to be dangerous. Ironicly, it was a major "God-weekend" afterall it was Easter. One of the greatest and MOST misunderstood stories of all time — I believe because we as people cannot fathom someone or something loving us even before and certainly not after all the mistakes and lack of deserving we have exhibited. I remember being really angry about Santa Clause not being real and the possibility that someone could love everyone enough to give them a present on Christmas; not to mention the logistics of getting the right gift to the right house all being a farse. For many years, I deduced the same must be true of God; some sweet little story to keep the world in check and line the pockets of greedy men by desperate people. There can be no good in people. I don't want to be let down again in the name of love. I was really shocked when I encountered STRONG men who had many things going for them; but still bowed to God — I knew they could have been anywhere doing ANY thing; they had money, looks and clout, why would they need or even want God?

Easter is not only about the man who died for all of us; even before we were born or even cared he existed and some never will; but the one who got up! The Bible never said there were not other gods; it said "have NO Other" gods before ...." I found that reassuring in that it wasn't some catchy sales phrase; but took into account the reality of the world in spite of it's fallen humanity and the rulers of the air. I still don't understand how someone/something could love something that much; maybe I never will; but I know this ain't no "lucky mud." There's a lot of promises in the Book; demon-casting, blessings, healings, death-raisings — it even says that "I" and "you" can do these things and even greater; last I checked, nobody else has got that kind of deal in town. I don't know why it doesn't happen every time; but if it happens just once, it can happen again. Give me some of that! I am in!

Ah, love is a strange thing indeed. It IS the only thing that I can think of that would explain some things being done. You know and I know, that some pretty unbelieveable things happen in the name of love and that's just from us; how much more would it effect something greater? No, none of us, certainly not I, deserve all the uncountable, immeasureable graces or windfalls of blessings; but I am ALL the more grateful...one of the "grateful, formerly dead." It's a gift TOO BIG for a bow, too big for a box, too big for an imagination, too big for a grave; but not too big for God — and that's pretty awesome!

All relationships take time, that time means spending some time together. Don't you hate when people only call when they need something? Hmmm....that alone defies my mind how He could even blink in our direction or on our behalf. The creation is not greater than the creator....and yet we forever struggle to cage, box, ignore and erase His presence, influence and coverings as a child who "raised themselves." Only arrogance could claim self raising. Only love can restore; hate only burries...an eye for an eye eventually leaves the whole body desolate and shattered, unfortified from the roaches of our own realities who eat us alive one tiny bite at a time without our notice or regard. If we could see ourselves; would we look? What's in the reflection?

That 'Jesus love' is still the best deal in town. Let me get a big plate full of that! Oops....sorry, I dropped some...oh, the carpet is stain proof, cool; thanks Jesus!



pensive lizard writer

No comments: