A Life's Pursuit: "...Greener On The Other Side Of The Fence"

Monday, March 19, 2007

"...Greener On The Other Side Of The Fence"

horse eating grass


I stood by the sprawling pasture, watching the beautiful horses with their muscles flirting from beneath the smooth coats of shiny colors. As I looked down the fence row, I got to witness something pretty funny and interesting. The horse was feeding on the plush green grass at its feet. Then his lips stretched through the fence, straining to capture the blades of grass beyond his grasp. HIs lips were like tiny, straining, stretching fingers, reaching for any hope of what was beyond his domain. Even the horses think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

We, as people seem to always be focused on what somebody else has; allowing the luster of our own possessions to become muted. Is it possible that they are thinking the same thing your are? Sure! It's ok to be ambitious; but not ambitious without thankfulness. As I have always said, I have seen some really nice "cars;" but I don't want yours, I want my own; just tell me how to go about it.

Spring is coming again. The grass will soon be even greener...filling us to the brim with envy and a few other choice morsals of human short-comings. But those things can be defeated. Enjoy your pasture. Take note of the splendid grass therein, its glass-like ponds reflecting the beautiful blue sky above and the critters that roam to and fro within your life that are your responsibility to nurture and encourage daily.




No comments: