A Life's Pursuit: Will You Go With Me

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Will You Go With Me

Josh Turner with guitar





His voice comes across the air with a definitive maleness. It's much deeper than one might expect from such a boyish appearance; but quality is quality and he's got it. Josh Turner. My drive into the city was almost slow but still enjoyable. Riding in my convertible bug, zooming between cars and 18 wheelers, this song drove me into the past. I thought about all the great stories and fascinating places, peoples and experiences I have had just because "she went with me." As she will attest; I don't usually know where I am going; but we always end up there. I am not a fan of maps unless I am pressed by time or gas. I have an eighth sense that gets me to places; even if my destination is nowhere. That's pretty cool. Here are just a few of the words...

Would You Go With Me
~~~ Josh Turner ~~~
Would you go with me if we rolled down streets of fire
Would you hold on to me tighter as the summer sun got higher
If we roll from town to town and never shut it down
Would you go with me if we were lost in fields of clover
Would we walk even closer until the trip was over
And would it be okay if I didn't know the way ...more

Life is a funny thing; like dry sand on a beach. If you squeeze it too tight, you lose more of it. If you add water, it sticks together. If you share it with friends, it is a lot of fun. You can use life to make great things or be greatly annoying [sand is somebody else's shorts; that's annoying]. You get to choose. You don't always get to chose love; typically it chooses you. You get to chose to hang 10 or wipe out.


I arrive today, like most, thankful. I watched Deal or No Deal last night to see this Asian family who came to this country with $750 and now their son was about to win $750,000. The son, in his wisdom, only wanted enough for a great honeymon and family. He made a deal because of his instincts instead of being greedy. Ironicly, he/they grew up in a trailer park and he learned English from watch country music videos. Of course, he is a great fan and good at Kareoke and clogging [that was a nice dose of culture shock profiling for me]. Either way, it cannot be argued that they started out with very little. Through their joy and hard work; they have accomplished much. The mother and father had been together for many years and gone through much together. Destiny repaid their faithfulness. I am certain that coming to a strange country with only $750 would strain any relationship. What I like about this story is the LACK of moaning, complaining, blaming, excuse-oriented, I deserve mentality that westerners so easily fall into. Somewhere in their story is the secret to happiness beyond circumstances. That's what I want to be guilty of.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joy- a decision
A Gift
Great Blog
I will always want to go there with you!
As I read your blog-
"I can only Imagine" is playing.
What a great day our beginning was.
What a great future we have.