A Life's Pursuit: We Are? Really?

Friday, February 02, 2007

We Are? Really?

under tree-dusty wind



The earth was slathered with "sky gravy" like a southern fried plate special from somewhere deep in Georgia, barely capable of holding all the coated contents. I would occasionally see a green sprout peeking from below the peaceful snow blanket, shivering in the chilly breeze. So quite, undisturbed, pure-looking...I paused to take in my morning vision before leaving for the office. It was a nice slow drive, moving like perfect gravy on a warm plate, in no hurry to get anywhere; just to get there. Pink Floyd, Darkside of the Moon filled my car as the wheels talked with the salty asphalt. It was the song after that that wouldn't stop playing for the rest of the day. Dust In The Wind. These lyrics make time immortal. They have the beauty of perfectly chilled jello on a trembling saucer.


I close my eyes
Only for a moment, then the momen't gone
All my dreams
Pass before my eyes, a curiosity
Dust in the wind
All they are is dust in the wind Same old song
Just a drop of water in an endless sea
...."



dandylion in the windActually it's a beautiful dank, dingy day! Moments fly by so quickly we take them for granted. My nephew came over for an hour last night and we played ATV and Tony Hawk: Project 8. His little mind has grown so quickly from seeing him a week ago. It seems like only yesterday I was at the hospital holding him as his proud parents looked on. I can see the genius behind his eyes...so much there waiting to be discovered and unleashed.

It is true; we are dust and there is wind. Wind broken stinks. Lives broken thunder through generations of men. All our gifts are so precious; will we stop watching our own feet long enough to direct those after ours? What lies beyond the dust? Have you seen the face of the wind? Children have a sacred beauty like fresh snow. Whether they are quiet or loud; there presence covers everything with a spirit of hope, purity and love chilling us with warm dreams.

dust devil in road

In only an instant, we will be gone. What did we leave behind? Did we earn what was left to us? Did we multiply the talents entrusted to us?

my lizard

2 comments:

aYa said...

hi.. I'm aYa. d one u comment my sites sakadaek. thank u for ur comments its good to notice that someone out there which u dont know n far away from ur place reading ur sites n gives comment on that despite negative or positive. u have to accept it as various comments ;).

I'd like to comments ur general sites as well. i guess ur cool. mine only small flower in d prairy.

ciao ciao

Anonymous said...

I met a guitarist from the group Kansas once. He equated his ride with the group with the song "Dust In The Wind"
good blog