A Life's Pursuit: The Other Side...of the week...

Friday, February 09, 2007

The Other Side...of the week...









Well its been an extremely long and slow week full of diverse attentions. But at last it's Friday and I am forging through. The other side of the hill is in sight and I can see the path before me just before gravity makes my full commitment. A man's home is his castle. Hopefully your castle is safe, peaceful and full of joy. It is my refuge from everything outside my heart. I like that. It may rain, sleet or even snow; I don't care; I will be home. Well I will have to go out occassionally; but I prefer to go out when it might be just a bit dangerous/adventurous. My nephews will celebrate birthdays this weekend. It will be nice to see their cheer and zest. Kids have a way of enjoying life that most of us adults have long forgotten. I never want to forget the energy and thrill from just doing something for the fun of it and having an outlook that more fun is around the corner. May my best days always be ahead. I have a giant Superman coloring book for just such a break from adulthood. There's nothing like a 64 Crayola Crayon box with the sharpener in back and a full coloring book sprawled out on the floor as you color into a mental release. It helps if you hang your tongue out just a bit. Sometimes I even get family and friends to join me. It reminds me of things I really like: jumping in mud/water puddles, blowing bubbles, making airplanes, doodling, making paper boats, walking in the tall grass and jumping into a huge pile of leaves. That's the magic of innocent imaginations. I never needed video games or thought about blowing up things....guess I was kinda boring. I am convinced that the world would have more happy adults if we stay kids.





It will also be a great weekend for some good cuddling. The weather outside is frightful.... That will be nice too. Have a great weekend and do something unimportant and see the power of small things. Hello Utah, CA, FL, GA and of course TN friends.

lizard painting

1 comment:

Bendy said...

I love coloring too. Right now it involves an Anatomy workbook that is not nearly as fun as Superman, but it will do for now :)