A Life's Pursuit: My THEME Music

Thursday, January 25, 2007

My THEME Music

Today, I take a line from the infamous pensive coworker's blog, It Depends. The name came about from deducting that it is the perfect answer to any question....it depends. How do you argue with that? Anyway, this line in particular set off fireworks for me. Perhaps you will understand why by the end of this loquacious blog.

"...The themes roll around the characters like thunder, punctuating every thought and every confrontation....


Aside from the picturesque verbage, it begs several questions.
What kind of theme music does my life have?
Who would I get to do it?
What if I thought about theme music at all times; would it make everything more dramatic or exciting?
Would I be shocked by my theme music?


Obviously you wouldn't really want to know that someone is watching your every move and thought and adapting music to it....(but someone IS always watching).
You certainly wouldn't want it digitized for all time for anybody to play back and view over and over....(people rarely forget our mistakes....(but someone does).
What kind of wild reality show would that make if the victim was unaware of someone scripting music to their lives or a movie about their life...(it's almost funny, if it wasn't so true.... We cannot bear to look away from a train wreck...but He repairs those...).

I was greeted this morning by a piece of paper laying in my seat so I wouldn't miss it. This is what it said.
I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13 (New International Version)
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9 (New International Version)

Needless to say, it only underscores everything about this day, mixed with just a hint of wisdom, it's a pretty strong drink. I'll have a double tall double. I think I will reflect on it all as I remember my trip to Alaska for our honeymoon as we kyacked with a humpback whale, at the mercy of nature at its finest, creation at its best.

big funky chicken tee shirts

No comments: