A Life's Pursuit: SLAVE to FREEDOM

Friday, December 08, 2006

SLAVE to FREEDOM






We have so much that we can easily take it all for granted. How do we prevent our freedoms from holding us hostigage to the pleasures and conviences we so dearly love? I haven't passed one car in 100 without a driver on a cellphone. I haven't been to one supermarket that didn't have at least 10 kinds of ketchup. I remember when sneakers were only $25.00. Comic books could be purchased for .12¢. I could fill up my car and go 2 weeks without refueling. I remember when kids invented games with their imaginations and ran around the neighborhood playing in each other's yard.

Now my phone can carry all of my music collection. I can hold my entire computer in my palm. Every number and address secure inside. Everything, right at my fingertips. May our way of life never be taken away by those more grateful.




No comments: