A Life's Pursuit: Dual Vision...Beyond the Now; Back to Then!

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Dual Vision...Beyond the Now; Back to Then!

magic eye
Oh great and wonderful magic eye, please allow me to see your hidden image...."



This blog is inspired by my pensive co-worker. One particular line in his blog strikes a chord.
"How Strange It Is....Getting Older. I can look back on things in life, and not just forward."


I don't know why; but some things just wreak blog! I remember dreaming as a kid and wondering how it would all turn out. My first friends, comic books, would they be the only ones I would ever have or would I end up drawing for Marvel Comics with my best friend from high school? Would I be cutting yards for the rest of my life? Would I ever marry and what would that be like? When will I die and of what? What will it be like to lose a parent(s)? Will I ever travel beyond my raisings? Where will I end up living?

With age, life and experience, millions of questions are answered and a million more created. I was thinking about the Garth song "The Dance" and if we knew would we have chosen to miss the dance. If you could go back, would you. If you did, what would you change? Even more questions. Age is a credit card with wisdom as compound interests. Mistakes are made; lessons are learned; or at least experience is a unyielding teacher slapping the hands of all who smile with cookie crumbs around their mouths. I suspect we are probably better off just enjoying the movie of life and not knowing how everything is going to end. We will find out when we get there.

With that said..."if you find out the sex of the baby, you can get the room ready ahead of time...." [hungh, ok...hang with me, this kinda makes sense....its writer's-brain-diarreah.....I think I am going somewhere with all this; be patient] That is not to say we should not make good decisions or be frugal or planning; that's not what I mean. [...for those who were already ready to rag me and my artistic craving to reside "out there, somewhere up in the great blue"] Good sense is good sense and that sense is twice that of book sense. [oohh....'er they come again... yada yada yada...] I have 5 siblings of which I am proudly the oldest. It's a tough racket; but somebody's got to do it. It's funny how you don't realize there are other people in the world besides you when your are young or going through sumptin'; it never occurs to you that others have their own problems and responsibilities. It doesn't even occur to you that maybe someone's mood or response has absolutely nothing to do with you.

Age is a patient teacher. She is in no hurry and will not be rushed by anyone else's chidings. With age, you learn that everyone is different and has to be approached uniquely. With age, you learn grace and mercy; knowing that you will need the same some day. With age, you realize the temporary thrill ain't gonna be worth the years of hell later. Granted age is more than a number in some instances; we "expect" older people to have figured out somethings because they have had more time. . . more time to screw up. . . more time to practice. . . more time to wreap the consequences. However; these days, it would seem noone is immune to foolishness. I watched grown women (GAW...real Oprah friends need no explaination) in Wal-Mart fight over a CHRISTmas toy two seasons ago. While it was slightly entertaining; it was much more degrading and disappointing for a whole lot more reasons.

I like getting and being older inspite of the increased lines and decreased everything else. I love older women who respect their lines and bulges. America has become a nation whose currency is breasts and butt; the more you show, the more you can have and get. Is that what we want our children to learn.....will we see who gets to wreap the benefits of our laziness to action, our unwillingness to become a target by making a stand or desire to "befriend" our children instead of raising them. Who and what age will wreap the benefits of our undisturbed luxury? [....whew, I didn't see that destination coming....always buckle up; seatbelts save lives, the numbers don't lie]

Isn't it ironic that "one nation under God, indivisible ..... is divided over God; disturbed by God; dying to get His name off everything, out of everything and boiled down to "seasons greetings"...... ... :(




This blog is inspired by my pensive co-worker.

Hmmm......
lizard at desk, maximusdoom

No comments: