A Life's Pursuit: No More Airplanes; Goodbye Airlines!

Friday, November 03, 2006

No More Airplanes; Goodbye Airlines!

My Thursday began with the normal traffic mayhem of patience over situation; but this time I was headed to the airport. I was bound to Salt Lake City by way of Dallas, TX. It was like deja'vu as I left the ground. I knew that I was riding a dinosaur. I knew that someday I would tell stories to ears much younger of a time people crowded into huge metallic birds to travel places of distance. I knew that amist their ooh's and ahh's; they would hardly believe such a time existed.


I had seen the future. Maybe it was somewhat as Sci-Fi had previewed. There would come a time that air travel would be like getting into your own car with your own drinkholder and favorite CDs. The future would not be so asphalt paved. The yellow lines no longer painted. Evenmore; I realized this as only the beginning. Soon it would be molecular travel; not just across the globe; but the universe. The world as we knew it was in for shocking changes.


How odd it all seemed that we would not destroy ourselves before the pain of staying the same had exceeded our fears of the pain required to change. Change was coming and unlike history previous; it would be drasticly immediate. Those who do not adapt will be mercilessly lost.


Goodbye airlines! The sky is no longer your private domain. We humans will become as the birds ...free to take off at will, stopping and refueling on our own time and pleasure.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gave your blog a shout-out on my own today

Anonymous said...

I like the layout and your selection of graphics is nothing to sneeze at and with some good writing from Murfreesboro, making it a winner for Monday.

Just dropped in from Barb's Monday Shout-Out thingy for a Hidey Ho

I was one the list last Monday, so I know she can recognize quality when she sees it.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! I will come back and visit!

Chelle

Maximus Doom said...

Thanks to everyone who drops by and reads the gab of "A Life's Pursuit" and those who refer it to others. It's not much and I barely have time to kick a few words to the blog of life; but somehow I manage. Thanks to you all!!!