A Life's Pursuit: Flicker for the Weekend

Friday, November 10, 2006

Flicker for the Weekend






What another gorgeous day in the 'ville. I am sitting here watching the leaves dance to the ground like a radiant blanket of color falling from one point to another. My cucumber melon candle flickers at my desk as I glance out the window and back at my screen. How magnificent its aroma; how splendid the view of nature's canvas. I am not sure what I need to get off my chest today; so I will just let my fingers wander. It's Friday and (despite appearances) I am getting a lot of work done. I am looking forward to the weekend.


I have visitors coming. My good friend Joel from LIfe, Balance, Love and Stuff is coming! He and his son Oneal will be in town for the Titans vs Ravens game on Sunday but spending the day before with us at our humble abode. I love having company. I have always wished for the gift of hospitality and a grand estate that would fully allow us to entertain old and new friends. J' and I go all the way back to grade school and the memories to prove it. It's cool to 'just hang' with someone you don't have to do or say anything special because you get each other. We share the same wavelength. We often refer to each other as "my brother from another mother." Its gonna be a great time. While I "might" like to see this particular game in person; I really enjoy the comforts of home. I will be rooting for Steve McNair, formerly of the Titans.....this will remind me of Gladiator when the king discovers the identity of his champion, Maximus. Tee Hee Hee...(Good luck, Steve!!!! Payback is a mutha!)


My son, Nick and his band are doing well. Falling for Yesterday has quite a following. I am looking forward to the holidays around the corner. Perhaps we get up some Christmas lights before it gets cold. Wednesday nite, I went and watched Jason, my other son-the oldest, do lights at the Mercy Lounge. He did a great job! What a groovy little place. I have heard of it many times but never gone. Met some cool people in the process and one of the members of SKY HIGH band (really good funk/jazz band). My wife and I agreed it was very nice seeing them both together in similar industries.


Well thats about all I can get out of these fingers for the day. I will leave you with one of my favorite crock pot recipes.

Taco Soup (pay no attention to the name, it is really good)
1 can mild chili beans
1 can of pinto beans
1 can of whole kernel corn
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of rotel
1 pound of ground beef
1 small pkg of taco seasoning
1 small pkg of ranch dressing
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 bag of Tostidas scoops
Marbled cheese

Brown ground beef and drain. Add ranch and taco seasonings and stir up. Set aside. Add all cans to crock pot. Do not drain the juice from cans. Add ground beef and simmer for 3-4 hrs. Add soup to dish, garnish with cheese and scoops and eat! *variations include substituting mesquite flavorings, navy beans, a dash of sugar or chili seasonings.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I copied that recipe.. what a good meal for a chilly Michigan weekend.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Doom,
I have posted my ten complete sentence response to your comment regarding my Herbal Stud at

It’s A Blog Eat Blog World

Enjoy your weekend,
Mo

Linda Russell said...

It was a great weekend!
Great friends!
O will be a champ!