A Life's Pursuit: The Point of Communication

Monday, September 11, 2006

The Point of Communication





Good communication easily gets the point across. There are few things that cause more confusion than bad or excessive communication. I heard it said once, "never write what you can say, never say what you can imply..." I don't know who said it; but there is genius locked in so few words. It takes a while to develop the ability to drain out all the assumptions and really exude clarity in briefity.

I love the art of communication. Sometimes it just flows like water; other days, it's just cold molasses.



This weekend....
For the first time in my short life of 39 yrs. I had to take antibotics due to some flu or whatever going around. I am almost back to normal after a long 2 weeks of going at it natural. Actually, I probably would have been fine without it by now; but the doc was concerned about the "what if's" as in walking pneumonia. Anyway, I am almost back to 100%. Great to be back! I still maintain that the body has the power to overcome most things that attack it or the earth has a solution in its natural substances or minerals...but in the end; everybody dies of something.


I had the honor of celebrating my father's 60th birthday with him. He lives 175 miles from my home. It's about a 2.5 hour drive. My wife, Annie and I went to church with him after I spoke with him at the crack of dawn by phone. I had told him that I needed to get up and get ready for church. I just didn't say which church where. So, yes, he was surprised! I was actually driving by his house when I was on the phone with him. I had been planting some flowers (hearty mumms) at my mother's grave site. I also managed to squeeze in some time with my good friend, Joel down in Savannah, TN ( Home of Daryl Worley). He's one of the greatest and we had a great time with all the kiddies and their toys.


We all had a great trip. My dog loves road trips. There is something she loves about fresh air and having her head out the window. My wife, of course was her wonderful self. We got a great rainstorm on the way back with a heavenly display of sun-drenched clouds and dark skies. We all slept well and the new day is fresh upon us. Looking forward to an uneventful Monday quietly closing its door behind it.




Hmmm....

1 comment:

Linda Russell said...

It was a great weekend
Great to see you begin to feel better.
Best to let all know that Annie stayed at your Dad's and did not acutally attend church.
She did attend a visit to the nursing home where she was her strutting fun self.
That Annie is good therapy.
love you babe