A Life's Pursuit: I love to HATE being sick

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I love to HATE being sick



I know everybody gets ill from time to time...I just don't typically. However some bionic germ has infested my innards and rendered my weekend bedridden. It was not at all how I had planned my Labor Day festivities. Severe fever for 2 days, a night of strange dreams and at work now. Hopefully I am not contageous. I can hardly breathe; so I won't be endulging in any unnecessary conversation.


So an analitical person must wonder---so why am I sick now? Hmmm....I did go out Saturday with a fever and get some carrot juice. I was glad that I saw no one who would have engaged me in conversation. I told my wife that no one would know that I had a fever and I would be right back. Hmmm...the flip side is, maybe everyone had fever or some contagenon they were carrying around. I see a lot of people in a day and shake a lot of hands. I am military about washing hands before meals or etc. Now I wonder if I have been anal enuf about it. One thing is for sure -- I will be eating a lot more veggies. I used to eat a lot of carrots and pineapple.

I will survive this day. I will be completely well soon. I do not anticipate having to suffer this illness again for some time to come. Having gone over every meal, handshake and personal encounter or exposure in my mind; I won't be careless on this issue again.

1 comment:

Linda Russell said...

you are still cute even when you are sick