A Life's Pursuit: Where the Mind Goes; The Face Follows

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Where the Mind Goes; The Face Follows




pen·sive (pnsv) adj.
1. Deeply, often wistfully or dreamily thoughtful.
2. Suggestive or expressive of melancholy thoughtfulness.

I think; therefore I am


Ever wonder why someone asks; "what's wrong?" or "what are you thinking?"
The answer may be as close as the nose on your face...actually; as close as your face. Our thoughts often transform our face without our even knowing it.


experiment: Act and feel really happy; but frown...not so easy. Even if you feel horrible but put on a big goofy smile with your chest out and shoulders back; you begin to feel better...how odd.

I have been enjoying the delicious thunderstorm this morning. As it got darker, I caught my reflection in my computer monitor. Slightly startled; I ask myself "what must I be thinking?" Then I began to feel the melancholy ooze over my temples and down my cheeks. I have been told that I have a very expressive face; in fact, I am often unaware of the strange contorsions it may be exhibiting. Called the man of a thousand faces, I glared into the reflection, inspecting all the tiny shadows I saw staring back at me. I see you watching me; what do you want? I know you're all in there just waiting....



hmmm....

No comments: