A Life's Pursuit: The Splendid Next Thing

Friday, May 12, 2006

The Splendid Next Thing

Well we have all made it to another celebrated Friday. A day that marks the beginning for some and an end for others. Every moment is precious and a gift. Certainly, everybody's Friday is probably different. As for mine....YEAHHHHHHH!!!!! Friday. Anyway...

The Splendid Next Thing begins....
It is a beautiful day here in Nashville with just a touch of chill in the air. I push through today reflecting on all the great things in my life and the significant one missing this year...my Mom. This will be my first Mother's Day without her, without making that visit, without sending that card, without bringing home flowers, or at least making that call Sunday morning. I am thankful that she is far better off and that her memory remains strong. So to those who have yet to experience such a loss; enjoy and treasure your time with her and get plenty of pictures and maybe even get her to write or you write something for her. HAPPY Mother's Day!

I am looking forward to getting home to my wife's embrace and perhaps even going to visit my Dad. I am sure he will enjoy the company or at least the thought. My doggy loves to travel; so she will be pleased as well. It's nice to drive across this great country and just enjoy it for what it is...land of the free and home of the brave with trees, mountains, valleys and room to just stretch out your arms if not just our minds.

Today my wife takes her team on a limo ride through downtown Nashville. Its a great day for that ,as well.
Vanderbilt University graduation is also taking place and the streets are packed with caps and gowns and aspirations. I got my Starbucks China Green Tips Tea for lunch and headed back to the office. The day continues and its end pursued.....

No comments: