A Life's Pursuit: ...Sometimes I Miss Being a Kid

Friday, April 21, 2006

...Sometimes I Miss Being a Kid




Well it's Friday and the rain is pouring. I was just reflecting to my childhood. When we had gotten a big rain, my brothers and sisters and I would make paper boats and run outside to put them in the streams and puddles. I remember as my face was pressed against the screen door, wondering where they were going and how long would they float. Obviously they couldn't go far; but in a kid's mind, there are no limits. Somehow they could end up in China because streams go all around the world. Water is everywhere.

I wonder now as an adult, how many of those little kid thoughts might really be true. Maybe great things are possible all the time. Maybe everyone in the world can be friends. There may be a place Where The Wild Things Are. I bet they are thinking the same thing I am. I think I will just say "hi" to whoever I meet. Smiling is good for you. Angels are real. Something's under my bed; but only at night when the lights are out. Do we get too old when we refuse to dream or let our minds wander outside the box of our understanding?

Are most of us bound together by simple little things like Sesame Street,, paper airplanes or cuddly toys? Is there more to being human than just being who we want to be? Could we actually be existing on several levels simutaneously? Does it matter if I am good to strangers? Does it all equal out? Who are "they"? They say this, They say that. They even say "They" are always right....hmmmmm. I'm glad it's Friday. They say, it's 5'oclock somewhere...........


2 comments:

Joel said...

My boat is still Floating brother...

Joel said...

My boat is still floating Brother...