A Life's Pursuit: Dark Madness; Sky Shows & Beautiful Storms

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Dark Madness; Sky Shows & Beautiful Storms




The rain ran from the heavens; chased by angry lightning clawing mercilessly at the black and hopeless sky. The orchestra of destruction clashed its cymbals, shaking the ground and everything attached to it. I watched it all only inches from my face; grimmacing behind fogging glass in the long snake of red tail lights. The beauty of the chaos, so synchronized and choreographed by an unseen conductor. Thunderstorms...dark and dangerous...warring thunderheads standing opposite of each other, throwing lightning at dark crevices. Rain, like the sky's own blood, plummetting, gushing, falling and drenching, ripped from the sky's once blue skin by daggars of glorious molten lightning.


I love storms. I wanted the storm yesterday; but HE didn't ask me. Glad I didn't have the top down. Someday VW bugs will have transparent domes and not even require wheels; but I won't get to see that. Storms scare my dog, Annie (Benji dog) who hides in the closet once it all begins.

No comments: